Monday, July 12, 2010

Jordan starting to call Charlotte home

"Michael Jordan sightings in Charlotte used to be rare enough that they had a Halley's Comet quality," writes the Charlotte Observer's Scott Fowler.

Not anymore. Jordan, who recently bought the Charlotte Bobcats, is making himself more visible and at home in the Queen City.

Jordan has bought a home in uptown Charlotte five minutes from Time Warner Cable Arena and plans to start living there part time in September. He has found several places he likes to hang out in Charlotte - bowling at Strike City in the EpiCentre, schmoozing at Mez restaurant, eating New York-style pizza and watching sports on TV at Selwyn Pub.

"I'm starting to understand my surroundings," Jordan told me in an interview Friday. "I'm moving around. I'm finding out where I like to go in Charlotte to eat and to relax. I want to be part of the community and to interact with the public."

No comments: