Saturday, January 23, 2010

Bullock, Hall receive Screen Actors Guild awards

East Carolina alumnus Sandra Bullock and Raleigh native Michael C. Hall won Screen Actors Guild awards on Saturday night in Los Angeles.

Bullock solidified her status as the favorite to win a Best Actress Oscar for her role in “The Blind Side.” | People.com

Sandra Bullock continued her awards-show winning streak, picking up the trophy for outstanding performance by a female leading actor for The Blind Side ...

“If this were only not televised so I could use the appropriate words I’m feeling right now,” Bullock, who won the same award at last weekend’s Golden Globes, said. “I’m Sandra Bullock, and I’m an actor and I’m so proud to say that in a room full of faces that have inspired me.”
Hall has been nominated four times for the title role in the Showtime series “Dexter,” but Saturday marked his first win. | People.com

Michael C. Hall had plenty to celebrate Saturday night.

... the actor was named outstanding actor in a drama series at Saturday’s Screen Actors Guild Awards. And, he told PEOPLE backstage, his cancer is in remission.

“I’m two-thirds of the way through this treatment that already has this thing in remission,” he said. “It’s nice in the homestretch to have this kind of shock of positive energy. It’s a celebration.”
IMDb.com: Sandra Bullock | Michael C. Hall

No comments: