Monday, May 22, 2006

Still 'Fun Days' in state's oldest town

People swarmed to Bath, the state's oldest town, on Sunday, May 21, for Bath Fest.

The arts-focused festival was created to replace Fun Days as the town's premier event (now that the tricentennial is over). Bath Fest featured displays by area artisans, and the "selling wares from watercolors and baskets to duck decoys, jewelry and pottery," according to the Washington Daily News.

“We felt like Fun Days had kind of played out. We had a committee that wanted to do something to bring people into Bath and to showcase the town,” a spokeswoman at the Historic Bath visitor’s center told the newspaper.

“To be honest, I didn’t know how creative some of my neighbors were," said Bath resident Jennifer Taylor. "There’s a lady down there who does quilting that I didn’t know about. There’s a lady I’ve known forever who makes pocketbooks and I never knew it. There’s a lot of talent in Bath."

No comments: